The new heart of the North Shore
Celebrating the legacy of the existing site and neighbourhood, Lonsdale Square will bring renewed energy, activity and amenity to the north end of the vibrant Lonsdale corridor. Located next to the future new Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre and overlooking a new fully programmed 1-hectare city park, Lonsdale Square will take its place as the new 'heart' of the North Shore.
Lonsdale Square is planned to include a variety of residential, commercial and amenity space to address the current and future needs of this North Shore community. At complete built-out, over 800 new homes will be delivered, including below-market/market rental, non-profit housing and seniors assisted living in partnership with Sunrise Senior Living.
In addition to housing, the Offices at Lonsdale Square will offer over 90,000 square feet of much needed strata retail and office space. Planned to be one of the foremost business and medical centres on the North Shore, the Offices will also bring exciting retail and restaurant amenities to the larger neighbourhood.
As both the symbolic and geographic heart of the North Shore, Lonsdale Avenue offers abundant service, lifestyle and business amenities. Lonsdale Square is ideally located overlooking a new 1-hectare city park linking to the City’s Green Necklace bike path and a block from the new Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre. With a range of restaurants and cafes, park and greenways, local grocers and several schools within a few blocks, it is not surprising that this is a favourite community for families to call home. With quick access to the rest of the North Shore and Vancouver via Highway 1 and a future B-Line connection to Lonsdale Quay, this will be one of North Vancouver’s most connected locations.
How is this community Building for Tomorrow?
The spectrum of housing in close proximity to substantial amenity and transit. Lonsdale Square is planned to deliver over 800 new homes to the area, in a variety of housing types- market condo, below-market/market rental, non-profit housing and seniors assisted living. This spectrum of housing addresses the range of housing needed for this area to continue to be an inclusive and diverse neighbourhood.
Related Links and Documents
- November 2017 - Darwin Properties Developer Announcement Press Release
- December 2017 - Public Open House Presentation Boards
- December 2017 - HJNL Phase 1 Consultation Report
- February 2018 - HJNL Rezoning Application
- March 2018 - City of North Vancouver Report to Council
- April 2018 - HJNL Advisory Planning Commission Package
- April 2018 - Town Hall Presentation Boards
- May 2018 - Staff Report to Council - HJNL
- June 2018 - Staff Public Hearing Presentation
- June 2018 - Applicant Public Hearing Presentation
- July 2018 - HJNL Rezoning Application - Final
- September 2020 - Public Feedback Opportunity