The new heart of the North Shore
Celebrating the legacy of the existing site and neighbourhood, Lonsdale Square will bring renewed energy, activity and amenity to the north end of the vibrant Lonsdale corridor. Located next to the future new Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre and overlooking a new fully programmed 1-hectare city park, Lonsdale Square will take its place as the new 'heart' of the North Shore.
Lonsdale Square is planned to include a variety of residential, commercial and amenity space to address the current and future needs of this North Shore community. At complete built-out, over 800 new homes will be delivered, including below-market/market rental, non-profit housing and seniors assisted living in partnership with Sunrise Senior Living.
As both the symbolic and geographic heart of the North Shore, Lonsdale Avenue offers abundant service, lifestyle and business amenities. Lonsdale Square is ideally located overlooking a new 1-hectare city park linking to the City’s Green Necklace bike path and a block from the new Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre. With a range of restaurants and cafes, park and greenways, local grocers and several schools within a few blocks, it is not surprising that this is a favourite community for families to call home. With quick access to the rest of the North Shore and Vancouver via Highway 1 and a future B-Line connection to Lonsdale Quay, this will be one of North Vancouver’s most connected locations.
Phase 1 for the project is currently under construction and will include a purpose-built rental building developed and built by Darwin Properties and Minto Properties and an assisted living facility developed and managed by Sunrise Senior Living. The rental offering will be a 6-storey woodframe building and will host 113 homes comprised of 1, 2, and 3-bedroom suites with retail at grade. A rooftop deck will also provide breathtaking views of the North Shore mountains and the downtown skyline to the south, while the indoor amenity spaces will allow residents to bring their dynamic lifestyles home.
How is this community Building for Tomorrow?
The spectrum of housing in close proximity to substantial amenity and transit. Lonsdale Square is planned to deliver over 800 new homes to the area, in a variety of housing types- market condo, below-market/market rental, non-profit housing and seniors assisted living. This spectrum of housing addresses the range of housing needed for this area to continue to be an inclusive and diverse neighbourhood.
Related Links and Documents
- June 2021 - Urban YVR
- June 2021 - BIV
- June 2021 - REMI
- June 2021 - Daily Hive
- June 2021 - Daily Hive
- June 2021 - Western Investor
- June 2021 - Journal of Commerce
- May 2021 - North Shore News Article
- September 2020 - Public Feedback Opportunity
- July 2018 - HJNL Rezoning Application - Final
- June 2018 - Applicant Public Hearing Presentation
- June 2018 - Staff Public Hearing Presentation
- May 2018 - Staff Report to Council - HJNL
- April 2018 - Town Hall Presentation Boards
- April 2018 - HJNL Advisory Planning Commission Package
- March 2018 - City of North Vancouver Report to Council
- February 2018 - HJNL Rezoning Application
- November 2017 - Darwin Properties Developer Announcement Press Release
- December 2017 - HJNL Phase 1 Consultation Report
- December 2017 - Public Open House Presentation Boards